Thursday, August 8, 2013

Woes of Living by the Numbers on the Scale

No-Weigh July was not a success.  It also was not a total failure.  My weight was less than a pound different at the beginning and the end of the month.  I am glad I didn't gain because I didn't really start working out again until the last full week of the month, then I traveled to Kansas for a long weekend which meant no exercise and not the best eating.

Since July 31, I have been tracking my food again.  And I've been so stressed out between work and home that I have spent lots of time working on that brain training - crave exercise, not carbs.  It seems to be working.  I have eaten several hundred calories under the max set by bodymedia and have burned close to or more than it recommends burning, which has led to some decent calorie deficits!

So the numbers.

I have debated for a long time if I am brave enough to put the numbers out there. 

And since my sister is brave enough to do it, I'm going to suck it up and just do it.

July 1 - 271
July 31 - 271.4
August 7 - 265.6

I am still going to limit myself to weighing in once a week, so that I can avoid some of the frustrations of not seeing the number go down quickly or the fluctuations that come with daily life.

My sister challenged me to a month-long squat challenge.  It's 4 days of squats followed by a rest day.  The numbers vary greatly.  So far, the max number we have done is 90 and the minimum was 30 on Day 1.  Sunday is 120!  It is a challenge.  I hear my aerobics instructor from Virginia in my head every time I stand up, saying SQUEEEEZE. :)  And that makes it a little more enjoyable.  Not to mention the fact that I do feel like my legs and butt are getting a good workout and building some muscle! 

Here's hoping for more exercise and less stress in the coming days!

No comments:

Post a Comment