The trip to Kansas was good!
Gus and I picked up my sister on the way through Fort Worth. She played dj the whole way home so I didn't get to listen to the book on cd I'd bought the week before. I do have to say that I like the new Miranda Lambert cd. We got to Dodge City ~8 p.m. on Thursday and met Dad at Kates for supper. A taco for me please! yum.
Gus was super excited to see Jeb and Joker when we got to the house. He ran around outside with them for a while, but we were all tired so we headed to bed pretty early. Gus somehow managed to cut his gums on the door (trying to get in). He must have thought he cut his paw, though, because he just kept licking at it.
Dad had breakfast ready when we woke up on Friday morning. yum. I left Gus at home and drove to Garden to meet my friend for lunch! After a little confusion about the restaurant location, we found a place to eat and had yummy Mexican food. Always fun hanging out with her (and her mom and grandma!).
After a failed trip to Sams to get beef jerky supplies for dad, I went back home and hung out in the barn for a while. Dad smoked some turkeys - yum. I brought some back to Texas with me!!
Beth and I went to town so that I could get a tan sprayed on that afternoon. There is not a single tanning salon in Dodge or Garden that has a spray tan booth. So..... I had to get over my embarrassment and let a person do the spray tan (and of course, it was a petite little blonde chick). I do have tan lines though - strapless bra and shorts.
Cammie and M (and Trooper) were at the house by the time we got back to the house. Cammie, Beth, and I drove to town to meet some of the extended fam at the bar and for supper. Several of us ended up back at Kates for supper. That night, it was a cheeseburger and tots for supper. yum again. We all went to the restaurant/bar where my cousin's rehearsal dinner was being held (at the invitation of my aunt) to hang out and socialize.
Saturday morning, another breakfast in the barn at the house. Cammie, Beth and I went to town - I had an appointment to get my hair cut and eyebrows waxed at noon. When the stylist finally showed up at 12:30, she worked fast to get my hair trimmed (3-4 inches gone), eyebrows waxed, and hair straightened. It's so nice to let someone else straighten my hair! We ran some other errands then went home to get ready for the wedding.
The wedding was beautiful. My cousin was beaming as she walked down the aisle. A beautiful Kansas sunset met the newlyweds as they exited the church.
The cake and mints were yummy. The beer was flowing (which my family appreciated). Dinner and dancing was fun. And always fun to spend time with the fam!
Much of the family needed to travel home on Sunday, so we had Thanksgiving/Christmas brunch at my grandparents' house that morning. Aunts, uncles, and cousins went their different directions. Beth rode back to Fort Worth with my uncle so she could work on Monday. Dad had to drive to Sherman for a Monday morning drop-off. Cammie and M wanted to get home to work on some things. That left me (and Gus, Jeb, and Joker) at home alone. Weird. I went over to my brother and sister-in-law's house for a while that evening. We wound up going out to eat Mexican food and watching part of a movie. I loaded my car that night and tried to get to sleep early so that Gus and I could leave early Monday morning. It was kind of strange - I think it was the first time I had ever spent the night in my childhood home alone.
I got to listen to my book during the long and rainy drive back to central Texas. "Every Now and Then" by Karen Kingsbury. Good book. I need to go pay my library fines so I can check out some books this winter.
Worked Tuesday and Wednesday. Nice, quiet Thanksgiving weekend.
My uncle and sister brought me the washer and dryer that my dad found to me yesterday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment