So daylight savings time ends this weekend, which will shorten the already too short evenings. We need to find a well-lit track or trail so Gus and I (and MM and LS) can keep up our outdoor training. We can walk/jog around the perimeter of the apartment complex (it's ~0.4 mile), but that will get boring really fast.
Let's see. I didn't post yesterday, but exercise-wise, Gus and I walked with LS at the track in the morning and walked with MM at the park in the evening! Yesterday was a beautiful fall day --- and then a cool front moved through during the night. It was definitely cooler today but it's supposed to be back in the 70s by this weekend. We're loving the fall weather, especially because we know it won't last long. It is really nice to have the windows open. Gus spends his evenings like this:
Except when he looks like this:
This is a look I like to call the "grimace" --- he gets it every time I put the nose part of his Gentle Leader on his face. And he pretends to hate it, but he also gets super excited when he sees the Gentle Leader because he knows he gets to go for a walk!
Today, we took our boss to lunch at a local restaurant. We went to BJ's Brewhouse --- so I made today a "cheat day." I had a mini pizza with mushrooms and black olives - they have yummy pizza crust.
This evening, Gus and I walked at the park with MM. We had to wear jackets, but it was still a nice evening for a walk. On the drive home, we passed the pumpkin patch near our house. Lots of pumpkins left. MM had mentioned before that we should stop and take Gus' picture with the pumpkins so this evening, we stopped. Gus may or may not have peed on one of the pumpkins...

No comments:
Post a Comment