I try to look at each month like it is a blank slate, a new start to the next step in my journey to health.
There were no stickers on my November calendar this morning. I plan to have a picture of this same calendar at the end of the month and the days will all blur together because of all the fall-themed stickers.
November marks less than 5 months until my sister's wedding and 6 months until I'm 31.
And I started off November right - got up before the crack of dawn and headed to the gym to meet LS for our morning workout. The treadmills were full so we headed for the stationary bikes. I did 30 minutes on the bike. She did a warmup on the bike then lifted weights. I have found that cardio is my best bet in the mornings because it doesn't require as much thinking as strength training does. After she left to get her kids ready for school, some eye candy came in (I'd never seen him before) and got on the bike next to mine. Of course, I'm sure I looked lovely, seeing as all I did was brush my teeth and put in contacts and pull my hair into a ponytail before I went. Oh well, the goal is not to pick up a man at the gym (although that would be an added bonus); the goal is to get healthy!!
So I love seeing those dogs who balance a treat on their noses and toss them up and eat them on command. Gus will never be one of those dogs. However, because his head is so big, I discovered that if I distract him, I can set a treat between his ears and it will balance there for a while.
I didn't have my camera ready the first time I did it and it was perfectly spaced between both ears. He must have good posture because it stayed balanced there for a while! This one did not stick around quite as long.
It was a gorgeous fall evening. MM was not available to walk this evening so Gus and I took a walk/jog around the new subdivision being built behind our apartment complex. Pretty low key.
Now, I'm watching The Biggest Loser and Gus is snoozing on the kitchen floor. The windows are open and I'm hoping the apartment will be nice and cool when we go to sleep.
Oh, as a follow-up to the October challenge to lose 12 pounds. I didn't meet the goal, but I did lose 7 pounds in the last 4 weeks! Any loss is a gain! I just have to keep going! And I will try again. November challenge to myself is 12 pounds!
No comments:
Post a Comment