Thursday, January 2, 2014

Yoga Newbie

I recently became the events coordinator for my apartment complex - it means a discount off my rent and the responsibility of hosting 2 community events each month.  One is a social event and one is a life skills event.  The social events aren't too hard to plan, but the life skills events will be a little more difficult.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Some past examples are basic CPR, budgeting, crafty things, and fire and personal safety.

For January, we had to decide on the events quickly.  We wanted something to do with resolutions and since lots of people pick health and stress-related resolutions, we decided to use that for our theme:  Resolutions and Relaxation.  We figured we could have people share their resolutions and ideas for how to stick to them.  Then, we'll do a beginner yoga routine for those who are interested.  I don't expect a big turnout, but it was what we could come up with given a really short deadline. 

So, I bought a beginner yoga DVD at Target yesterday.  After our walk tonight, I put it in the DVD player and got out my never-used-for-yoga-before yoga mat.  Even before the DVD got started, this is what I had to contend with:



Gus decided the yoga mat was uber comfy. 

anyway - I tried to make it through the beginner yoga workout.  Some of those poses are crazy hard and I am definitely not that flexible.  So I didn't make it all the way through.  But I have several more nights to try it again before the event, so I'm sure I'll improve at least some before then.   

No comments:

Post a Comment