Happy 2014!
I started out the new year with a hair cut and eyebrow wax today. My appointment was at noon. By 1 pm, I had WAY shorter hair than I planned on and cleaned up eyebrows. Even though it's shorter than planned, it still all goes into a ponytail! And that's the most important part! I did have to laugh at the fact that the stylist seemed to think that 3 squirts of mousse was going to hold my curls. My really big Texas hair was in a ponytail as soon as I left the mall, so a photo will have to wait for another day.
I have a weird thing going on with my left calf this week. It's sore like I had a cramp in it while I was sleeping (although I don't remember having one). I first noticed it Sunday or Monday, but figured it would work itself out through the day on Monday. It was still a little sore when I got to step aerobics so I made sure that I really warmed up and stretched my left leg. But it just got worse. Makes me wonder if I pulled a muscle or something. I had to stop several times during step aerobics to stretch - even the instructor asked afterward if I was ok because I took so many breaks. Weird. So I picked up some IcyHot patches at HEB (I also got some bananas in case my potassium is low). Wearing the patch overnight seemed to help, but I still wore comfy shoes and rested on Tuesday. Today, it was still sore but not so bad.
So Gus and I took a walk this afternoon. We went down to the park and made the loop (and managed to avoid the flying Frisbees at the disc golf course). My leg loosened up but I didn't push it too much. I could still feel the tightness/soreness when pushing off of my left foot, especially if there was any sort of incline. I made sure I stretched really well when we got home. I will IcyHot patch it again tonight and see how it goes.
I get a kick out of Gus' shadow when we walk in the afternoons. His ears flop and his tail wags! And I even look like a long, tall Texan in this photo. :) Yay for late afternoon shadows!
Completely unrelated note -- I caved and turned on my heat today. I managed to make it all through last winter without turning on the heat (it is central Texas after all). My apartment averaged about 65 degrees last week though, so I decided I'd turn it on today so I could open windows if needed. The dust on the coils did cause the smoke alarms to go off for a couple minutes, but not nearly as bad as I worried it might be. Anyway, so now my apartment is a warm and toasty 68 degrees.
Welcome to 2014.


No comments:
Post a Comment