I registered to for two 5Ks this month - one next weekend and a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving! The one next weekend is at the Cameron Park Zoo in Waco. Gus can't go, so I'll be on my own. I've always heard great things about the Cameron Park Zoo, so I'm excited to the support the zoo and to have an excuse to visit! The Turkey Trot is here in town - Gus & I did it last year, so I'm planning to take him along again this Thanksgiving! Since he has been doing so well with walks, I started wogging with him last week and he did great!
I got new shoes while I was in Houston! I intend to only use them for working out, so I bought neon yellow. They'll be perfect for the wogging outside after dark in the evenings because they should be easy to see!
And I'm going to keep track of how many miles I put on them with my other new toy - my Garmin Forerunner 110. I ordered it a few weeks ago, and I'm really loving it! It's awesome to see my pace and distance and heart rate while I'm wogging around the neighborhood! When I'm wogging, I'm actually jogging about 1/4-1/3 of the distance, which is way more than I realized!
My awesome sister sent me this (sur)prize for completing my 'No Pop October' challenge! Sparkly and practical = awesomeness!
Fun new toys!
I'm trying to figure out how to switch things up so that I can get past this little plateau I'm on.
I'd like to take advantage of the time change and start working out in the mornings.
Another option (or perhaps an additional option?) is to start taking a step aerobics class taught by one of my coworkers two evenings a week.

No comments:
Post a Comment