I was able to take the morning off today since I worked on Saturday, so I ran some errands and took Gus to the vet to get some Vetprofen for when his 'old dog' arthritis kicks in. I think he has a little arthritis in his right shoulder because every now and then, he won't bear weight on it for a few minutes, but he is usually able to walk it off pretty quickly. He hasn't limped much at all in the last few weeks, but I figured I'd better take advantage of the morning off and the fact that it's the first of the month (meaning I have a little extra $ cushion in my account). I like to have the anti-inflammatories on hand, just in case, and we used the last one after our trip to Fort Worth.
His weight today was 111 pounds! That is the lightest he has been since we moved to Texas! And significantly lighter than he was this summer.
His recent weigh-ins at the vet:
7/15/13: 119.1
10/14/13: 113.2
Today: 111
His 'normal' weight the entire time we lived in VA was 108, so maybe we'll see if we can get him back down to that!
Gus and I have taken advantage of the time change and gotten up the last 2 mornings to go for a walk! Yesterday, we were only able to go 1.5 mile because of time constraints. Today, we were able to go 2 miles since I didn't have to be at work at 8. Tomorrow, it's supposed to be raining so I'm planning to hit the gym. I need to get off this little plateau I'm on.
Day 4: Chocolate. Yum.
Day 5: Rain. It was cloudy while Gus and I were walking this morning and it started raining right as we got home. I'm thankful for the rain and thankful that the rain held off until we got home from our walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment