Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pretty sunset this Sunday

Gus and I got to see a beautiful sunset as we walked home from the park this evening.  It was pretty breezy, but that was actually a good thing as the temperature got higher today than it has been.  We walked down to the park, then around the disc golf course and back.  We jogged a little bit.  Gus does so well on the leash when we jog!  With the hands-free leash and the Gentle Leader, we make a good team.

This morning, we went to the Nolan Creek Hike & Bike trail to check it out.  I'd never been there, so I wanted to see what it was all about, because I've been to a restaurant with a patio that overlooks Nolan Creek.  I think it is about a mile long based on the number of steps I took, but the website doesn't even have a map of the trail and the signage along the trail has great historical information about Belton and the Chisholm Trail, but not about distance.  We parked in the middle and walked to each end, so we walked about 2 miles.  It wasn't a bad walk - fun to listen to the creek and see the ducks.  And squirrels - you should have seen Gus go into hunter mode when he spotted a SQUIRREL!  I love seeing his ears go up.

I need to get back to taking pictures.  So here are a few from an evening this summer when Gus and his friend Bruno got to run off-leash in the new subdivision they are building near the park...




No comments:

Post a Comment