Our city's water treatment facility suffered a power failure/transformer hit by electricity Saturday night. So residents and businesses were not allowed to use water at all yesterday. Today, businesses are open and water usage is allowed. But there is a boil water notice in effect. What a pain. (I know there are worse things that could happen). It's hard to clean/wash fruits and vegetables without using running water. I did boil some water earlier and rinse off some cherries (yum!) but I am definitely hoping the boil water notice gets lifted soon!
Handwashing is also a pain. I hate hand sanitizer - the first thing I want to do after using it is to wash my hands because I hate the way it feels. But right now, we have to wash with soap and water, followed by a healthy dose of hand sanitizer - fun.
Received my interval timer in the mail today! Need to get to bed so Gus & I can go walk/jog in the morning.
Once the water situation is back to normal, I'm headed out to buy another watermelon! I've been eating a bunch this summer and I've picked pretty well until the last one - it was not great. I know everybody has their own trick for picking but generally, I go for one that has an obvious yellow spot (where you can't see lines) and feels heavy for its size. I probably won't cut it like my cousin did, but I hope the next one tastes great!
No comments:
Post a Comment