Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Meeting Goals

When the alarms (yes, that's plural) went off this morning, it was so tempting to stay in bed and get an extra 2 hours of sleep.  But I climbed out of bed and got dressed.  It's good for me to have someone who is depending on me to show up!  And she happens to be this cheerful, talkative morning person.  So she talks while we walk and I wake up.  We jogged a little bit at the track this morning.  I think Gus enjoys getting to see Chili too. 

We got home with plenty of time before I had to start getting ready for work.  I thought, "oh, I'll try another workout on the On Demand channel." So I pulled up a hip hop dance workout.  Yeah, my hips just don't move like that.  I know it's just practice and repetition.  However, early this morning was not the time for me to be trying something new.  So I put Gus' reflective vest on him and we circled the apartment complex a couple times - both walking and jogging.

Please forgive the phone picture - I need to get some pics of him looking all official in his vest.  I figure if one of us is going to look like a dork while we walk, it's going to be him!  Safety first!

According to GoWear Fit, I burned nearly 600 calories and walked over 5000 steps before breakfast!

Melissa was not available to walk this evening so I opted to head to the gym and give Gus a break.  I haven't been to the gym in a few weeks because it has been so nice outside.  It was good to do some strength training in addition to some machine-based cardio. 

Goals met exceeded today:
Calories burned - 3293 (goal 3010)
Steps - 11627 (goal 8000)
Moderate Activity - 82 minutes (goal 30)
Vigorous Activity - 31 minutes (goal 15)

Today was the first day I ever met my Vigorous Activity Goal -- and not only did I meet it, but I more than doubled it! 
I'm watching the end of The Biggest Loser, then it's time for bed.  Gus and I have an appointment to walk with MM dark and early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment