Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's Almost Friday!

It's almost Friday!! 

Exceeded all of my GoWear Fit goals again today!  Yay me!

I did get to go back to sleep this morning rather than meeting my friend at the track; thank goodness, because I went to sleep way too late last night.

But I tried to make up for it this evening.  I walked about a mile in the brisk breeze with Gus and MM. 

I was headed to the gym after that when my neighbor and her daughter walked by.  The daughter was in her Halloween costume (Bat Girl) so I knew they were probably headed to the apartment complex Halloween gathering.  I have been saying for over a year that I need to go to the activities that the complex works so hard to coordinate a couple times a month.  So I tagged along with them and went to the party.  They actually had a really good turnout tonight and I met a few more people who live in the apartment complex!  And got to see several kids in their costumes.  It was fun!

I was still in my workout clothes, so I did still go to the gym.  It's a small, locally-owned gym - but it's open 24/7 and it's close to my apartment - so it couldn't get any more convenient.  I've never had to wait for a machine and I feel safe and comfortable there.  When I got there tonight, I was the only person there, which is odd for a Thursday night (not for Friday or Saturday).  A few more people came in while I was working out - lo and behold, 3 ladies who had been at the Halloween gathering were at my gym tonight working off those calories from the snacks at the party.  :)  I think it may have been the first time I talked to somebody (besides Lacey) at the gym beyond a simple "hi, how are you?" or a smile and nod. 

I may get some more workout buddies out of it!  All the support and accountability I can get!

On another note, it feels like fall in central Texas tonight!  It just reminds me that since I'm serious about training for this 5K in February, I'm going to have to get some weather-appropriate workout gear.  Gus should be fine.  He has a really pretty fur coat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment