Monday, June 20, 2011

Gazpacho and other Vegetables

I made gazpacho yesterday.  I've wanted to try making it for a while and even more so after having some on my cruise a few weeks ago.  The gazpacho includes tomato juice, tomatoes, cucumbers, red bell pepper, onion, garlic, vinegar, a little extra-virgin olive oil, and garbanzo beans, all blended until smooth.  I think next time, I will put in less onion and maybe add some carrots or other vegetables.  I would post the recipe I used, but I tend to make it up as I go.  I started out with a recipe from food network and amended as I went.  Experimentation is part of the fun when it comes to cooking at home!  And when trying to eat healthy, finding something that works for me is important.

So that's my recommendation for today.  Experiment with healthy foods.  Figuring out something that tastes good and is healthy is vital when searching for those things that I can eat when I'm counting calories and trying to lose weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment