So I really only made one resolution for 2013 --- complete at least 6 5Ks (like I did in 2012). And I actually completed 8! And set a new PR! (which gives me something to beat next year!)
 |
| Resolution Run 5K - Round Rock |
 |
| Cupid's Chase 5K - Georgetown |
 |
| See Spot Run 5K - College Station |
 |
| St. Patrick's Day 5K - Temple |
 |
| Color Me Rad 5K - Wichita |
 |
| Color Me Rad 5K with my sisters! - Wichita |
 |
| The Great Zoo Stampede 5K - Waco |
 |
| Turkey Trot 5K - Temple --- this is where Gus and I got our current PR! |
 |
| Jingle Bun Run 5K - Temple |
 |
| Jingle Bun Run 2013 |
I definitely got faster over the course of the year --- and have grown to enjoy it even more! I like getting out of my apartment in the evenings and "wogging" either with the hound or without. I'm afraid the days of going without him are going to become more often as he gets older and more decrepit. Next goal is to keep running more and more each time.
The pictures don't seem to show much difference in the way I look but I certainly feel better! And my clothes are fitting better! And the scale is slowly but surely showing a decline! And Gus has lost weight too!
The Garmin has been a great motivational tool! One of my coworkers calls me "gadget girl" - she knows that I wog with my Garmin + heart rate monitor, bodymedia armband, and my iPod. I usually have at least one phone with me too. Since I got my Garmin, I have recorded 119 miles, nearly 39 hours, average speed 3.4 mph, and burned over 22,000 calories! I get that I'm a nerd, but I love seeing the numbers and all my gadgets allow me to track those. Now, to just get better at recording the calories that go into my body.
Operation Train My Brain is working most of the time. Lots of stress at work and at home over the last few months have resulted in lots of steps taken and walks with Gus. More to come in 2014! I still have my days where I want chocolate (and that's the only thing that will do) but more often than not, I also find myself exercising, even if I did eat that candy bar.
Looking forward to 2014!!
No comments:
Post a Comment