Tuesday, September 17, 2013

You know it's a good workout when...

...sweat is dripping down the back of your neck even after you get home.  Or maybe it's just hot and humid outside.  Probably a combination of the two.

Gus and I have been walking a lot this week.  It's finally cool enough that we can walk some in the mornings and evenings - mornings on the weekend, evenings during the week.  He'll be back in 5K shape in no time!  If anything, rather than tiring him out though, it has given him even more energy.

This evening, Gus and I walked down to the park and went around the little 1/4 mile loop.  We stopped at the water fountain for water - I've been carrying along a collapsible water bowl for him - then headed home.  After I dropped Gus off in the cool apartment, I headed back out.  I did what I call the neighborhood loop which equals about a mile.  I have found that trying to run on the treadmill is just not working for me, so I think I'm going to try to build up my running endurance during my outdoor workouts which should become more common now that it's finally cooling off a bit.  So I ran (ok- jogged) several blocks of the route and will just try to increase my distance each time.  I felt great when I finished!

I have photos I need to post - but I need to download from my camera first.

No comments:

Post a Comment