Sunday, March 10, 2013

Daylight Savings Time!

So I know it will be really hard to wake up and go to the work in the morning with the whole Spring Forward, loss of an hour of sleep thing.  But it will be worth it to have more light in the evenings!  Time for longer walks with Gus.  I've also thought of adding some plyometric/body weight exercises that I can do outside after our walks.  And I need to find my jump rope.

I went to the gym today --- for the first time in months!  It was windy outside so I gave Gus a break and opted for the dreadmill.  It was a good test of if I've maintained or improved my fitness with our outdoor walks.  I did the 4 min walk/1 min jog intervals at 3.3 mph and 5.0 mph, respectively.  And I didn't fall off or quit before the minute was up or vomit or feel like I was going to pass out!  The 4 minutes of "recovery" walking seemed really long.  I call that a SUCCESS! 

After the dreadmill, I visited a few old friends - the weight machines.  It will be interesting to see how jello-y my legs feel tomorrow.

Less than 3 weeks til our trip to Kansas for Easter!

Next weekend, Gus and I are getting our green on and doing a St. Patrick's Day 5K on Saturday morning!  It is a fundraiser for the Children's Miracle Network and it's local! 

Other upcoming 5Ks (pending registration and availability):
4/6 -- National Public Health Week 5K at the Texas A&M School of Rural Public Health (my alma mater) in College Station
5/4 - Color Me Rad Wichita with my sisters!
6/1 - Color Up 5K - College Station

More updates and pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment