Anyway, life has been a little crazy since my sister's wedding. When I got back to Texas, I had to start prepping my apartment for my new roommate to move into my second bedroom. My new roomie is a coworker who lived in the same apartment complex and has loved and helped out with Gus since I moved here. Her lease was ending, and in an effort to save $s and pay off some debt, we decided to split the rent in my apartment. I think it has been an adjustment for both of us to share our space and work out our different schedules. The thing that worried me most was mornings, but it turns out she is totally a morning person and is out the door before I'm even out of the shower. Since I am totally not a morning person, it is probably best that we don't usually see each other. :) We rented a garage in the complex for storage. Now that I have an outdoor storage space, I'm hoping to grill more and to get a bike. Totally inspired by my sister who has been cycling around her little town in Kansas for the last several weeks!
| Empty-ish living room before roommate's furniture was moved in. |
| Empty second bedroom. |
| Big Gus and Little Gus |
We spent most of the day at the beach. It was the first time that my sister had ever been to the beach, so she and I played in the water with wake boards. The water was choppy which gave us some decent sized waves to play in without having to go too far from shore. Whenever you got tired of swimming and fighting the waves, all you had to do was stand up! It was tiring but lots of fun!
After showers and application of aloe to sunburns, we all snacked and donned our hats for the Kentucky Derby.
| yes, there is a peacock on my hat. Too bad you can't see the feathers. |
| Our hats |
| My sister's pretty hat and my pretty sister. |
I will try to do better about updating!
Yay for the update! Galveston looks like fun! Keep up the good work and the plateau will have no choice but to go away!
ReplyDelete