0 on the weight loss again this week. I'm thinking of changing the day I weigh-in because Wednesday just doesn't seem to be working out for me.
So I have totally failed at the February Photo A Day challenge. I did well for the first couple days, then the challenges got hard (like hands, a stranger) and I am unwilling to ask people to "pose" for pictures if I don't have a really good reason. Oh wells.
The hands-free leash I talked about last week was delivered earlier this week. Gus and I tried it out on Thursday and it seemed to work pretty well! The only concerns I have are due to the length which will get longer as my waist/hips get smaller. The leash is 6 feet long and the clip slides along the leash to fit around the waist, so since it has to go to from my waist to Gus' chin, he winds up pretty close to me. So the concerns are these:
1. That if he darts in front of me, I will either kick him or fall/trip over him.
2. That if he stops to pee, he might end up peeing on my leg/shoes (ga-ross)
We only jogged about a block and he did well with that. I loved that I could swing both arms. I still want to get a backpack for crazy dog so that he can carry my phones, keys, etc because it'll be harder to hang them with a carabiner on the leash because I don't want too much hanging on the leash and banging against my legs. I'm planning to take him to a local trail tomorrow (if it's not too cold) so we'll test it out some more. More feedback to follow.
I joined the other gym (I'll call it Gym B, and my original gym will be Gym A, not to be confused with the actual Gym X in Temple) last week. $32/month. I still have my Gym A membership. I need to figure out which one is going to work better for me. I only went to Gym B once last week for a non-class workout. The elliptical machine next to my friend was open and it looked like the ones in my Va gym, so I told myself to try it out even though I haven't been on an elliptical machine in a while (because the ones at Gym A are a different brand and there is something about the set up or the stride or something that makes them super hard for me to even balance on). I set a goal of 20 minutes even though the time on the program automatically set to 60 minutes. When I got to 20, I decided to try to get to 30 minutes. Then I wanted to meet the next .5 mile or the next mile or the next 5-minute mark. I finished the whole 60 minutes plus a 5 minute cool-down!! Yay me! My calves could definitely feel it the next morning.
I also got a 15-class punch card to Zumba. Here's hoping I don't lose it. I guess that's my plan for Tuesday and Thursday evenings for the next several weeks. Good for crosstraining, even though I'm still not sold on it.
One week until the See Spot Run 5K!
No comments:
Post a Comment