Sunday, January 15, 2012

I {heart} long weekends!

Long weekend = lots of time to walk for me and Gus!

Yesterday, we walked at a local trail with LP and her dog.  We walked the whole length of the trail, which is 2.5 miles.  It was fun to have someone to talk to and to let Gus play in the water toward the end.  Gus loves the water and went all in.  He was soaking from nose to tail.  Luckily, it's a hike from the water to the car so he had a few minutes to dry before we headed home.

Today, we went back to the same trail -- just me and Gus today!  We walked the entire length of the trail and actually made a loop around the park, which is just over 3 miles.  Perfect training loop for future 5Ks!  It was cooler today, so I didn't let Gus spend as much time in the water, but I did let him get his feet and belly wet!

And yesterday evening, I even went to the gym --- for the first time this month.  I need to go more often, because right now, that one visit is costing me $33.  I did 30 minutes on the dreadmill, leg weights and 20 minutes on the stationary bike.

Cooking wise, I discovered a yummy recipe for baked oatmeal.  I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal and I happen to have this huge canister of old fashioned oats from the crispy oatmeal cookie adventure over Christmas.  Usually, I tend to let those canisters of oatmeal sit in the pantry until the next time I'm making cookies, when I usually have to replace it because it has been soooo long.  Anyway, this baked oatmeal is a pretty simple recipe that includes old fashioned oats, almond milk, banana, vanilla, and fruit [I've tried strawberry (yum) and blueberry (ok)]. And I topped it with brown sugar and walnuts or pecans.  The best part is that I get to use my ramekins!  Now, if I could just wake up early enough to bake this yummy treat for breakfast!
Today, I made bierocks with multigrain Rhodes rolls!  Yum!

Coming up in the adventures of Gus and Bonnie:
  • Walking tomorrow (hopefully with LS and her fam/dogs)
  • Bridesmaids dress shopping and bachelorette party next weekend - wish me luck.
  • 5 weeks to See Spot Run 5K
  • Only 69 days until my sister's wedding ...

No comments:

Post a Comment